The exactTrax™ service provides an unprecedented ability to track fishing boats and small commercial vessels with AIS Class B type receivers across the globe.
Using exactTrax you can easily do the following:
- Extend fishing boat tracking beyond the traditional coastal surveillance of 50nm (most country EEZ’s extend 200nm beyond the coast)
- Perform superior ‘dark target’ analysis based on high detection rates for fishing boats and small commercial vessels
- Seamlessly integrate the fishing boat data with existing maritime operational systems as position reports are delivered in standard AIS formats and include a multi-hour vessel track
This revolutionary new fishing boat tracking solution allows for simple fleet deployment and ensures every boat equipped with an AIS transponder will be effectively tracked long range using the advanced Satellite AIS capabilities from exactTrax.
The exactTrax data service provided to customers will monitor and track boats equipped with a transponder to deliver an unrivalled picture into the world’s global maritime activity. This improved insight will provide critical intelligence into a variety of marine applications such as fisheries protection, environmental preservation, as well as maritime security through improved ‘dark’ target analysis.
exactTrax ensures a higher level of safety in our oceans, offering a real benefit to maritime domain awareness. Now any boat, regardless of size, can be equipped with the proper tools for efficient long range tracking and monitoring.
exactTrax™ is available for integration with all AIS transceiver manufacturers. A number of different exactTrax-enabled transceivers are already available, which enables customers to choose the most appropriate hardware for their small vessel tracking needs.
exactAIS Density Maps Features
- Pre-generated Density Maps include:
- Shapefile format option
- Broken down as ¼ by ¼ degree cells, by month, and your area of interest
- Shapefile density map cells include counts by total vessels and a subset of our vessel types (cargo, tanker, fishing, passenger, and other)
- Customised Density Maps are available upon request (finer resolution available e.g. 0.01 degrees x 0.01 degrees)