POSITION: FINANCIAL ANALYST
exactEarth Ltd., based in Cambridge, Ontario is a data services company that leverages advanced microsatellite technology to deliver monitoring solutions characterized by high performance, reliability, security, and simplicity.
exactEarth’s service, exactAIS™, is a global vessel tracking and maritime domain monitoring system based on a world leading space-based AIS (Automatic Identification System) detection technology.
exactEarth operates an IT-based “data factory” to create the services that help our customers save lives, guard the boarders, protect the environment and enhance trade. In our system we collect maritime vessel signals and using satellites and terrestrial sources around the world. We transport this signal data to our world-class data center in Toronto. From there, our proprietary software processes the signals into millions of messages per day about ship locations around the world. Finally, these messages are packaged into services and products and distributed electronically to our customers all over the world. All data produced is archived in a large data store to provide historical data products in addition to our near-real-time feeds.
The Financial Analyst is a key position within the Finance function. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Finance, it is expected that the Financial Analyst, will be a key contributor in the successful execution of the global exactEarth Finance strategy. The position is based out of the Cambridge, Ontario corporate headquarters.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Analyse and propose accounting treatment for complex revenue recognition, create revenue recognition journal entries and prepare Deferred and Unbilled Revenue reconciliations
- Preparation of accounting entries and inputs in NetSuite, inter-company transactions, accruals, equity compensation, commission, capital asset tracking, financing transactions,
- Prepare quarter end lead sheets and variance analysis
- Assist in compiling and analyzing the public company financial statements, notes and other regulatory documents on a quarterly basis
- Liaise with external auditors
- Internal control compliance and testing
- Adhere to financial accounting standards and guidelines (IFRS)
- Prepare ad hoc management reports and IFRS memos
- Back up for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable as needed
- Back up for Payroll (ADP), as needed – training will be provided
- Other duties as required
- Designated CPA or working towards designation
- Minimum of 5+ years’ relevant accounting experience
- Netsuite and audit experience is an asset
- Public company reporting experience preferred
- Problem solving skills as it relates to accounting systems
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people across every functional area and at all levels
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work extended hours as needed
- An analytical mind with strategic capability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaborative spirit
- Payroll, A/P and A/R experience
- ADP Workforce Now experience an asset
- Ideally, candidate will reside within the region as defined above
Cambridge, Ontario, CANADA
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Financial Analyst” in the subject line of your message.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exactEarth; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
exactEarth is committed to equity and diversity. exactEarth endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. In addition, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.