POSITION: WEB DEVELOPER
exactEarth is a data services company leading the way in delivering global maritime vessel information. Combining data from a constellation of satellites with ground-based sources, we collect and deliver the highest quality ship movement information to customers around the world. exactEarth’s data service is a global vessel tracking and maritime domain monitoring system that provides authorities unprecedented visibility into global maritime traffic, used to protect the environment, aid in search and rescue efforts as well as transport cargo more efficiently.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Web Developer to join the Data Products and Services team here at exactEarth.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTIONS
Reporting directly to the Director, Data Products & Services the key responsibilities would be:
- End-to-end web stack development to support products and services;
- Collaborate with developers, Product Management, and partner network to add new features and functionality to web-based products, services, and platforms;
- Identify, communicate, and overcome development problems and creative challenges related to complex web-based products and services;
- Contribute to and actively follow technical documentation related to development cycles;
- Keep current with programming languages/platforms within the web development/web application space.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 1-3 years minimum experience as a web developer;
- Proven experience developing web technologies using Node.js;
- Amazon Web Services experience, including; Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, ECS, and Docker;
- Working knowledge of a mainstream web technologies, including; Node.js, Java and Tomcat;
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating system platforms;
- Basic understanding of the traditional relational database model and/or distributed models;
- Experience with web service delivery model and SOA principles;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Team player, enthusiastic, and capable of working in a fast, dynamic environment; and
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities under pressure.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a technology related field, such as computer science, software engineering, geography, or geomatics;
- Knowledge of Automated Identification System (AIS) technology;
- Experience with data management best practices, quality control and assurance, and analysis;
- Hands on experience with mapping and/or GIS-based software, such as ESRI, QGis, or Google.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Free snacks and drinks;
- Flexibility to setup your development environment with your preferred software tools and operating system; and
- Occasional paid travel to technical conferences.
Cambridge, Ontario, CANADA
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com citing “Web Developer” in the subject of your message.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exactEarth; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
exactEarth is committed to equity and diversity. exactEarth endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. In addition, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.