POSITION: Regional Sales Director, Americas
exactEarth is a data services company leading the way in delivering global maritime vessel information. Combining data from a constellation of satellites with ground-based sources, we collect and deliver the highest quality ship movement information to customers around the world. exactEarth’s data service is a global vessel tracking and maritime domain monitoring system that provides authorities unprecedented visibility into global maritime traffic, used to protect the environment, aid in search and rescue efforts as well as transport cargo more efficiently.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Regional Sales Director, Americas to join the Global Sales and Marketing team here at exactEarth.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is a key sales position within the Sales & Marketing function. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Sales & Marketing, it is expected that the Regional Sales Director, Americas will be a key contributor in the successful execution of the company’s global sales and marketing strategy. Countries included in this region are within South, Central and North America along with their overseas territories.
This role requires the application of industry knowledge, business development skills, government, commercial and enterprise selling tactics, partner management, strong collaborative, and interpersonal abilities in order to identify, develop and close business directly to commercial organizations, government entities, academic and research institutions and managing various established company’s strategic partners.
The successful candidate brings an extensive sales and business development background in maritime data services, applications or other related services in the territories as designated by the Vice-President, Global Sales and Marketing.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Achievement of company driven sales targets in the assigned sales territory(ies)
- Development of territory sales plan and identify key focus commercial, government accounts and partners
- Development of Strategic Account Plans for each focus account which will identify key sales opportunities and tactics to be used to bring these opportunities to close
- Cultivation and management of indirect sales channels (resellers and partners) to achieve sales targets
- Execution of Strategic Account Plans
- Reporting of Territory Sales Forecast and progress against plan on a monthly basis
- Assist in the development of the territory marketing plan
- Attendance at company Sales Meetings on a semi-annual basis
- Work closely with Customer Success Team to ensure customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Science, Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-10 year’ experience in large account sales/business development in relation to data services, software applications or other similar services
- Experience in both commercial and government sales
- Experience in cultivating and managing partner sales channels, preferably in the Maritime data services market
- Strong knowledge and experience of enterprise based selling methodologies such as Value Selling or Integrity Selling preferred
- Ability to develop, manage and execute a top down Strategic Account Plan
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaborative spirit
- Familiarity with CRM based solutions such as Netsuite or SalesForce
- Willingness to travel occasionally, pending current pandemic restrictions
- Ideally, candidate will reside in Ontario, Canada
- Interesting and challenging position in a leading global data services company
- Attractive compensation package and performance-based bonus program
- Statutory Holidays recognized in country of residence
- Excellent opportunity for personal growth
- Great teamwork with highly qualified people
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com citing “Regional Sales Director, Americas” in the subject line of your message.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exactEarth; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and verfiicaiton of education and previous employment.
exactEarth is committed to equity and diversity. exactEarth endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. In addition, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available on request during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.