POSITION: Payroll Specialist/Financial Analyst
Based out of Cambridge, Ontario, exactEarth Ltd. is the leading satellite data AIS provider, servicing the maritime industry with DaaS solutions. We monitor and track all vessels at sea to provide private companies & authorities unprecedented visibility into the global maritime traffic – we do this by combining data sets from our own constellation of satellites with ground-based sources, enabling our customer to do big data analytics, monitor and protect the environment, aid in search & rescue, vessel performance analytics, global market prediction analytics, and more.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, the Financial Analyst / Payroll Specialist owns the timely and accurate processing and reporting of the bi-weekly payroll and accounts receivable of the company.
- Create billing schedules in line with the sales contract and invoice customers accordingly
- Act as the customer point of contact for invoicing and payment related inquiries
- Follow up with customers on delinquent accounts
- Assist Sales Team with Finance related inquiries from the customer
- Accept customer payment in NetSuite
- Maintain Accounts Receivable sub-ledgers (in NetSuite) and reports to management weekly on delinquent accounts (includes preparation of related journal entries and related GL account reconciliation)
- Prepare monthly HST return and process refund or payment
- Complete Bank reconciliation in NetSuite
- Prepare relevant quarter-end lead sheets and variance analysis as part of the quarterly audit requirements
- Assists with the quarterly and year-end audit process
- Internal control compliance and testing
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- Performs all other duties as requested or assigned by Finance management
- All payroll functions including preparation and submission of bi-weekly payroll using ADP
- Answer employee questions regarding pay
- Prepare all payroll journal entries
- Reconcile are payroll related GL accounts
- Responsible for all payroll related government remittances and reconciliations
- Keep up to date with legislation that affects payroll
- Maintain and store securely accurate payroll records
- Work closely with Human Resources to set up new hires in the payroll system and on employment changes that affect payroll and financial reporting of the payroll
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- University or College Graduate in Accounting, Finance or Bookkeeping
- 2-3+ years’ relevant accounting, finance, or payroll experience
- Experience using an ERP system
- NetSuite experience is an asset
- Payroll experience is an asset
- PCP Payroll Certification and asset
- Problem solving skills as it relates to accounting systems
- Ability to work both individually and with a diverse team of people across every functional area and at all levels of the corporation
- Self Starter, able to meet tight deadlines, work efficiently and work extended hours as needed
- An analytical mind with attention-to-detail
- Strengths in Microsoft Word and Excel, including the ability to perform and understand complex formulas (including lookups), create tables and graphs
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with a collaborative approach
- Must be willing and able to work comfortably and efficiently from home for the near future, due to the COVID-19 pandemic
WHAT WE OFFER
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- RRSP match
- Vacation & paid time off
- Work from home opportunities
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours (virtual, during COVID-19)
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Casual dress
Our company is based in Cambridge, Ontario and if this seems like it might be an interesting opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in exactEarth; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
exactEarth is committed to equity and diversity. exactEarth endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. In addition, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.
exactEarth is following COVID-19 regulations as directed by the Government of Ontario. Exercising personal hygiene, physical distancing, wearing masks & monitoring personnel as required in the office. Interviews will be held over applicable video tool.