POSITION: Financial Analyst
exactEarth is a data services company leading the way in delivering global maritime vessel information and value-added products/analytics. Combining data from a constellation of satellites with ground-based sources, we collect and deliver the highest quality ship movement information to customers around the world.
exactEarth’s data service is a global vessel tracking and maritime domain monitoring system that provides authorities data and information services about global maritime traffic.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Financial Analyst is a key position within the Finance function. The successful candidate will report directly to the Financial Reporting Manager. It is expected that the Financial Analyst, will be a key contributor in the successful execution of the global exactEarth Finance strategy. The position is based out of the Cambridge, Ontario corporate headquarters.
- Analyse and propose accounting treatment for complex revenue recognition, create revenue recognition journal entries and prepare Deferred and Unbilled Revenue reconciliations
- Preparation of accounting entries and inputs in NetSuite, inter-company transactions, accruals, equity compensation, commission, capital asset tracking, prepaid expenses, and financing transactions
- Prepare quarter-end lead sheets and variance analysis as part of the quarterly audit requirements
- Assist in compiling and analyzing the public company financial statements, notes and other regulatory documents on a quarterly basis
- Liaise with external auditors
- Internal control compliance and testing
- Adhere to IFRS financial accounting standards and guidelines
- Research and prepare IFRS memos, proposing the accounting treatment for complex accounting issues
- Back up for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable as needed
- Back up for Payroll (ADP), as needed, preparing and running a biweekly payroll – training will be provided
- Ad hoc finance duties, as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- University or College Graduate
- Designated CPA or nearing completion of designation
- 2-3+ years’ relevant accounting and audit experience
- NetSuite and audit experience is an asset
- Public company reporting experience is an asset
- Problem solving skills as it relates to accounting systems and complex accounting
- Ability to work both individually and with a diverse team of people across every functional area and at all levels of the corporation
- Able to meet tight deadlines, work efficiently and work extended hours as needed
- An analytical mind with strategic capability and strong attention-to-detail
- Strengths in Microsoft Word and Excel, including the ability to perform and understand complex formulas (including lookups), create tables and graphs
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to collaborate with the finance team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Full-cycle accounting and/or audit experience
- Must be willing and able to work comfortably and efficiently from home for the near future, due to the COVID-19 pandemic
WHAT WE OFFER
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- RRSP match
- Vacation & paid time off
- Work from home opportunities
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours (virtual, during COVID-19)
- Stock options
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Casual dress
- CPA membership fees reimbursement
Our company is based in Cambridge, Ontario and if this seems like it might be an interesting opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in exactEarth; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
exactEarth is committed to equity and diversity. exactEarth endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. In addition, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.
exactEarth is following COVID-19 regulations as directed by the Government of Ontario. Exercising personal hygiene, physical distancing, wearing masks & monitoring personnel as required in the office. Interviews will be held over applicable video tool.