POSITION: Sales Account Manager
Based out of Cambridge, Ontario, exactEarth Ltd. Is the leading satellite data AIS provider, servicing the maritime industry with DaaS solutions. We monitor and track all vessels at sea to provide private companies & government authorities unprecedented visibility into global maritime traffic – we do this by combining data sets from our own constellation of satellites with ground-based sources, enabling our customers to perform big data analytics, monitor and protect the environment, aid in search & rescue, vessel performance analytics, global market prediction analytics, and more.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated sales professional to join our European Sales Team.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
We are on an exciting journey to scale and cement our presence in the European region. The successful candidate will be a crucial part in reaching that goal and must be ready for a big sales challenge. Reporting to the Director of European Sales, the role will be target/commission based, with a high expectation of driving new sales and building the overall sales pipeline.
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads.
- Understanding customers' needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers' questions and sending additional information.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Explaining and demonstrating features of products and services.
- Staying informed about competing products and services.
- Upselling products and services.
- Researching and qualifying new leads.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- At least 1-2 years direct sales experience, preferably selling digital products/services and/or technology solutions.
- MUST have experience in outbound B2B sales as well as in acquiring new business, lead qualification and prospect management.
- You could also be a recent graduate preferably with a degree in Business and Management, Finance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and other related degrees.
- Competitive sales nature with a desire to win.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a global team.
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Willing to undertake business trips when necessary.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM experience required.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is an excellent opportunity with unlimited earning potential for an intuitive sales professional who enjoys the fast-paced nature of sales and is looking to establish a career in an international company with a global customer base.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Sales Account Manager” in the subject of your message.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exactEarth; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
exactEarth is committed to equity and diversity. exactEarth endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. In addition, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.
exactEarth is following COVID-19 regulations as directed by the Government. Exercising personal hygiene, physical distancing, wearing masks & monitoring personnel as required in the office. Interviews will be held over applicable video call.