POSITION: Director of Marketing
exactEarth is a data services company leading the way in delivering global maritime vessel information and value-added products/analytics. Combining data from a constellation of satellites with ground-based sources, we collect and deliver the highest quality ship movement information to customers around the world.
exactEarth’s data service is a global vessel tracking and maritime domain monitoring system that provides authorities data and information services about global maritime traffic.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Director of Marketing to join the team here at exactEarth.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Director of Marketing at exactEarth is a managerial position reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing. The role is central in the creation and successful execution of the Company’s Global Sales and Marketing Strategy.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading our company's marketing efforts. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies, programs and initiatives that will achieve company objectives in brand awareness, lead generation, product promotion and market feedback.
To be considered for this position, you will need a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or communications. You will also need to have proven experience in running a marketing team and marketing campaigns in a SaaS / DaaS company with a focus on growing recurring revenues either directly with international customers or through a network of resellers. High competency in project and stakeholder management is a significant skillset. Additionally, experience in the maritime services or technologies industry would be a strong asset.
- Developing and evaluating the company’s marketing strategy and plan
- Planning, directing, and coordinating marketing efforts, resulting in solid lead generation programs and results.
- Collaborate with Product Management on product messaging, positioning, and product collateral needs.
- Working with sales and customers to understand our unique selling proposition and develop suitable messaging and programs around it.
- Understanding, developing, and managing the marketing budget.
- Measure the effectiveness of all marketing programs and report metrics to management and the Board.
- Building brand awareness and positioning ensuring consistent external messaging across the Company.
- Overseeing the company’s external website and leading all change/modification efforts.
- Organizing company conferences, trade shows, and major events and reporting on their effectiveness to the extent that these elements form part of our sales and marketing strategy
- Overseeing social media marketing strategy and content marketing.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 10 years of online/digital marketing experience with 5+ years in a management capacity, in a SaaS/DaaS service environment.
- Experience in leadership roles in marketing strategy, plan development, program execution, and measurement.
- Proven track record with building strong relationships, fostering trust and promoting collaboration at all levels in the organization and with third parties.
- Ability to create, manage and deliver company/product messaging.
- Background in maritime services and/or technology marketing.
- Experience in managing a corporate external website and content.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media, webinars and content marketing, articles, white papers, etc.
- Knowledge of digital advertising tools such as Google Adwords, SEO, and CRM tools such as Hubspot, Netsuite or equivalent.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Familiarity with online collaboration tools such as Zoom or MS Teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Our company is based in Cambridge, Ontario and if this seems like it might be an interesting opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in exactEarth; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
exactEarth is committed to equity and diversity. exactEarth endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. In addition, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.
exactEarth is following COVID-19 regulations as directed by the Government of Ontario. Exercising personal hygiene, physical distancing, wearing masks & monitoring personnel as required in the office. Interviews will be held over applicable video conferencing tool.