The Next Generation Satellite AIS Constellation Provides Real-Time Global Ship Tracking
As a result of an ever-growing demand for immediate maritime domain awareness, exactEarth have partnered with Harris Corporation to deliver a real-time advanced ship tracking solution by optimizing a global satellite constellation for AIS.
exactView RT powered by Harris will leverage the persistent global coverage and real-time connectivity of the Iridium NEXT constellation through the implementation of 65 hosted payloads covering the Maritime VHF frequency band. This new service will provide you with the fastest, most accurate vessel information available with both global average revisit times and customer data latency less than one minute. Watch an exactView RT explainer video.
Fusing the Harris AppSTAR™ reconfigurable payload platform and exactEarth’s proven and patented signal de-collision detection technology, exactView RT powered by Harris represents the most advanced in-orbit processing capabilities conceivable built with the ability to adapt and evolve to changes in the maritime marketplace.
exactView RT powered by Harris Provides:
- Global average revisit under one minute
- Customer data latency under one minute
- Reliable detection of both Class A and Class B AIS messages
- Tracking of large populations of small vessels with exactTrax™ equipped AIS transceivers
- Support for the future evolution of AIS to support VDES and other initiatives in the maritime VHF band
These advancements allow for:
- Immediate awareness of maritime incidents in your waters
- Maximum efficiency of your resources using the most complete and up-to-date vessel picture available
- The single source of truth for all your AIS data needs
exactView™ RT powered by Harris utilizes:
- Simultaneous global satellite coverage from 65 hosted payloads in the Iridium NEXT constellation
- Inter-satellite communication capabilities to deliver AIS vessel positions in real-time
- Patented message processing that provides best in class vessel detection rates
- Harris' maritime VHF receiver architecture that provides significant flexibility and reprogrammability that can adapt to the ever-changing maritime industry
January 2017 marked the first successful launch for Iridium NEXT with 4 exactView RT payloads aboard. Watch the entire webcast of the launch here. For further updates, please visit Iridium NEXT